Drew primarily writes and plays musical theatre. He studied composition in Arizona, where he grew up, and now works in New York/regional/touring theatres. He loves jazz, funk, latin, and internal rhymes. Genre and software versatile, he’s fluent in Finale, Sibelius, Dorico, Mainstage, and Logic Pro.
Full Length Musicals
- McCobb Mortality Services (book, music, lyrics) — in development
- Invincible (book, music, lyrics) — premiered 2013 at Arizona State
- Assistant to keyboard programmer Dave Weiser—Jesus Christ Superstar Live (NBC); Broadway: Phantom of the Opera, Miss Saigon, Cats, Sunset Blvd., School of Rock; National tour: Rock of Ages, Love Never Dies.
- Music Director—The Light Rail (NYMF), Old Fashioned Love Song (Theatre Artists Studio), Invincible (Arizona State), Little Shop of Horrors, Beauty and the Beast Jr., Tonight at the Pad Starring Paul Green (comedy talk show), and various cabarets
- Assistant Music Director—Matilda, Cinderella, The Prince of Egypt (Tuacahn), Elf (Engeman)
- Keyboard: Under the Bodhi Tree (Royal Family Theatre), Andrew Lloyd Webber’s The Wizard of Oz (North American Tour), Ghost (Lake Dillon), Beauty and the Beast, The Addams Family, Hairspray, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Into the Woods, Legally Blonde
- Arrangements/Orchestrations: Of Leto, premiered 2015 at Arizona State; The Light Rail, premiered 2017 at NYMF; Kelli O’Hara, WCP Gala 2015, Lora Lee Gayer and Rachel York, Broadway Backwards 2017; Max von Essen, WCP Gala 2016; Tony Sheldon, Broadway Backwards 2016, #Hamiltonys, YouTube parody
- Theatre/dance music contributions: This Girl Laughs…, romeo&juliet/ Voidi, A Brief History of the Universe, Fingerpainting for Grownups, Phoenix AIDS Quilt Songbook 2016.
Work samples are available on the Media page. Highlights include:
- McCobb Mortality Services, a musical about revolution at the intersection of family, death, and business. It’s ready for readings/workshops!
- Invincible, a musical based on St George and the Dragon. Composed and premiered at Arizona State in 2013. It’s in the trunk, but has some redeeming moments. Like this one.
- Of Leto, orchestrations for a musical by Alex Tom and Daniel Oberhaus, premiered at Arizona State in 2015.
- #hamiltonys, a parody on Broadway’s reigning juggernaut. Arrangement and recording done in hotel rooms across America.
- Theatre/Film scoring audio, featuring a couple acoustic recordings, but mainly electronic work done in Logic Pro.