Drew is a composer, orchestrator, music director, and pianist in New York City, specializing in musical theatre and collaborative media. He studied Music Theory and Composition at Arizona State University, where he was a recipient of the Louise Kerr Composition Award. Genre and software versatile, he’s fluent in Finale, Sibelius, and Logic Pro.
Recent credits include
- MD/Piano/Orchestrations, The Light Rail at New York Musical Festival 2017
- Keyboard 2, Under the Bodhi Tree at Royal Family Theatre
- Keyboard 2, 2015-16 tour of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s The Wizard of Oz
- Orchestration for Lora Lee Gayer and Rachel York, Broadway Backwards 2017
- Composition for Phoenix AIDS Quilt Songbook 2016
- Arrangement for Max von Essen, Westport Country Playhouse Gala 2016
- Arrangement and music direction/production, #Hamiltonys, YouTube
- Orchestration for Tony Sheldon, Broadway Backwards 2016
- Arrangement for Kelli O’Hara, Westport Country Playhouse Gala 2015
- Orchestrations for Alexander Tom’s Of Leto, Arizona State University
- Composer, Invincible, Arizona State University
- Composition and music direction for comedy talk show Tonight at the Pad Starring Paul Green, YouTube
- Music Director, Beauty and the Beast, Homestead Playhouse
- Pianist/bandleader, Old Fashioned Love Song, Theatre Artists Studio
- Keyboard 1/asst. conductor, Beauty and the Beast, Mesa High School
- Keyboard 2, The Addams Family, Chandler Gilbert Community College
- Keyboard 3, Hairspray, Mesa Community College
- Keyboard, Into the Woods, Mesa Community College
- Keyboard, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Mesa Community College
- Keyboard, Legally Blonde, Greasepaint Youth Theatre
- Composer, Refractions, Phoenix Art Museum collaboration with ASU Strings
- Composer, Order of Command, Awarded Best Score at 2006 Phoenix Student FilmFest
Samples of Drew’s work are available on the Media page. Highlights include
- Invincible, a musical based on St George and the Dragon. Composed and premiered during college.
- #hamiltonys, a parody on Broadway’s reigning juggernaut. Arrangement and recording done in hotel rooms across America.
- Theatre/Film scoring audio, featuring a couple acoustic recordings, but mainly electronic work done in Logic Pro.